I recently came across this extremely powerful list of success quotes by Robin Sharma, a writer and philosopher that I deeply admire and respect. I was so impressed with this list that I sent him and note to ask if I could share it with all of you and he graciously agreed. I believe the 51 items he has listed (except number 7 for me!) are all spot on, and I have added a few of my own at the end. I hope you find this list very useful and share it with as many people as you can!
- Know what you want. Clarity is power. And vague goals promote vague results.
- Remember that every problem has a solution. Maybe you just can’t see it. Yet.
- In this Age of Dramatic Distraction, the performer who focuses the best wins the most.
- Before someone will help you, you need to help them.
- Become the most passionate person you know. It’ll be contagious.
- Know more about your craft/the work you do than anyone who has ever done the work you do…in the history of the world.
- Join The 5 am Club. Your most valuable hours are 5am-8am. They have the least interruptions.
- Devote yourself to learning something new about your field of mastery every day. Success belongs to the relentless learners. Because as you know more, you can achieve more.
- Remember that when you transform your fitness, you’ll transform your business.
- Don’t check your mobile when you’re meeting with another person. It’s rude. And rude people don’t reach world-class.
- Every time you do what scares you, you take back the power that you gave to the thing that scared you. And so you become more powerful.
- A problem is only a problem if you make the choice to see it as a problem.
- Stop being a victim. Your business and personal life was made by you. No one else is responsible. To make it better, make better choices. And new decisions.
- You can lead without a title. Don’t wait to get a position to stand for excellence, peak quality and overdelivery on every expectation.
- Find your own style. Be an original. Every superstar differentiated themselves from The Herd. And marched to their own drumbeat.
- Understand that when you play small with your success, you betray your potential. And the birthright you were born under.
- Eat less food and you’ll get more done.
- As you become more successful, stay really really hungry. Nothing fails like success. Because when you’re successful, it’s easy to stop outlearning+outOverDelivering+outthinking and outexecuting everyone around you. (Success is Beautiful. And dangerous).
- If you’re not overprepared, you’re underprepared.
- The only level of great manners to play at is “Exceedingly Polite”. In our world, this alone will make you a standout. And differentiate you in your marketplace.
- Remember that the moment you think you’re a Master, you lose your Mastery. And the minute you think you know everything, you know nothing.
- To double your results, double your level of execution.
- Invest in your personal and pro development. All superstars do.
- Get this year’s best Targets of Opportunity down onto a 1 Page Plan. Then review it every morning while the rest of the world sleeps.
- You don’t get lucky. You create lucky.
- When you push through a difficult project, you don’t get to the other side. You reach The Next Level.
- Smile. And remember to inform your face.
- Spend time in solitude every day. Your best ideas live there.
- Debrief on how you lived out your day every night in a journal. This will not only record your personal history, it will make you uber-clear on what you’re doing right and what needs to be improved.
- If your not being criticized a lot, you’re not doing very much. Ridicule is the price of ambition.
- Develop a monomaniacal focus on just a few things. The secret to productivity is simplicity.
- To get the results very few people have, be strong enough to do what very few people are willing to do.
- Rest. Recover. It’ll make you stronger.
- Buy a smaller TV and build a larger library.
- Remember that the bigger the goal, the stronger a person you must become to achieve that goal. So goal-achieving is a superb practice for character-building.
- Food fuels your body. Learning feeds your mind.
- Don’t ask for respect. Earn it.
- Finish what you start. And always end strong.
- In business, don’t play to survive. Play to win.
- Protect your good name. It’s your best asset.
- Remember that words have power. Use the language of leadership versus the vocabulary of a victim.
- Give more than you take. The marketplace rewards generosity.
- Know that if it’s not messy, you’re not making progress.
- Be a hero to a kid.
- In business, aim for iconic. Go for legendary. Make history by how awesome you are at what you do.
- Please don’t confuse activity with productivity. Many many people are simply busy being busy.
- Your doubts are liars. Your fears are traitors. Stop buying the goods they are attempting to sell you.
- The best anti-aging remedy in the world is working really hard.
- World-Class performers have no plan B. Failure just isn’t an option.
- You have the power to change the world—one brave act and one person at a time. Please use it.
52. You become what you focus on and like the people you spend time with.
53. When values are clear, decisions are easy.
54. The minute you stop expecting life to be simple, fair and easy…it becomes simple, fair and easy.
55. The true measure of your life will not be in money, fame, or power – but in how much you loved others and how much they loved you.
56. Embrace an abundance mentality. Help as many other people as possible get what they want and you will get everything you want.
57. The quality of your life will be determined by the quality of the questions you ask…to others and to yourself. Quality questions lead to quality answers.
58. The three watchwords of excellence: Focus – Discipline – Action.
59. Just remember – you are not right, there are many, many ways to look at every situation and your way is not the only way.
60. Life is short, very short, do not waste time on the trivial… live in the moment and invest in yourself for the future.
What would you like to add to the list?
If you enjoyed this post you will likely find GREAT value in my post: